Ad Code

What's around you?

 




Has it ever happened to you that you don't know what to draw? Not a single idea?

The spaces that surround us (and what is in them) say a lot, our friend's house we are visiting, or even ourselves (our home, our bedroom).

These places we are surrounded by are a great source of inspiration. I find an amazing challenge in drawing a place that I find boring, because an interesting place is easier to illustrate, you can find easily interesting objects or pictures.

A great start is asking yourself "What is around me?". First you will notice the different objects, the room size. The lighting. The textures. The colors. A sound that creates a different mood in the room. How do you feel seated there? Comfortable? Amazed? Bored? All these emotions are also a great start to understand what you want to draw.

For example, I attached an image that shows my mood when I watch a film. I am usually on my coach, but I like the idea of a chair with a scarf left careless there, like when you are so tired that all you want to do is to arrive home and do nothing. Books because I like to be surrounded by them, and when I like a film I like to know if it was inspired on a book. Slippers to reinforce the idea of be chilling at home. And tissues because if I am watching a sad movie I will cry for sure (such a Cancer).

I believe that this exercise also helps you to understand what from all those details around you catch your attention and help you understand deeper your own style.

Hope you find this helpful! I will keep sharing inspiration sources that I found interesting and fun!

If you want to find me on social media:

Instagram sharing everyday insights, tips, illustrations.

My Etsy Shop art prints, totebags, stickers, mugs and more! :) hope you like them!

Twitter also sharing art, photography, trips

Good reads sharing books all the time!

Tik tok sharing trips, illustrations processes and anything I found useful :)


Thank you and until next post!




Post a Comment

0 Comments