Ad Code

Finding Inspiration

 



Creating a poster for a TV series!
Hey there! Today, I'm excited to spill the beans on how I designed a poster about the "Sex Education" series, starring the dynamic duo of Maeve and Otis. If you're a fan of the show like I am, you know just how addictive it is, and capturing the essence of this show in a poster was a creative journey I'd love to share with you all. So, sit back, relax, and let me take you through my creative process!

Step 1: Inspiration

The first and most crucial step in designing any poster is to find your muse. For me, Maeve Wiley and Otis Milburn and their endearing relationship was my inspiration. I remembered this scene from last season, I love the atmosphere and the composition.

Step 2: Choose the Right Imagery

Choosing the right imagery is like selecting the best ingredients for a recipe. It's all about capturing the essence of the show and the characters. I liked that in this scene their outfits were simple, and there were other objects in the scene that tells you what is happening, and connected with previous seasons.

Step 3: Typography Matters

I wanted the poster to have a "vintage vibe" so I decided that a handwritting title will be the best. I like how it works with the rest of the illustration. A touch of retro, a dash of modern — that's what I aimed for.

Step 4: Color Palette

The color palette is where you can get creative. I chose a vibrant mix of bold reds and purples, symbolizing both love and passion, which is at the heart of the show. These colors perfectly represented the intensity and the fun-filled spirit of Maeve and Otis's relationship.

Step 5: Composition

The composition of the poster is vital. I went for a layout that highlighted the contrast and connection between Maeve and Otis. 

Step 6: Key Elements

I added a few key elements to give the poster some character, like the flowers Otis brought Maeve and give the clue that there was a date going on.

Step 7: Final Touches

Adding textures, adjunting colors, checking file quality are a must for me.

Designing this poster for "Sex Education" was about capturing the essence of the series, highlighting Maeve and Otis's relationship, and sharing my love for the show with fellow fans. If you're a creative soul itching to design your own poster, take some inspiration from my process, hope it helps!

Now go ahead, let your creative juices flow, and let's celebrate the magic of "Sex Education" one poster at a time! 

If you want to find me in social media to keep up with my work:

Instagram sharing everyday insights, tips, illustrations.

My Etsy Shop if you like my illustrations here you can find them applied in some products :) hope you like them!

Twitter also sharing art, photography, trips

Good reads sharing books all the time

Society6 more products here!

Tik tok sharing trips, illustrations processes and anything I found useful :)

Post a Comment

0 Comments