Ad Code

The Story Behind The Art Part I

 



Hello everyone! Hope you are having a great week! I am feeling kind of tired after holidays, and I want to be on holidays forever, but well I am back at work and finding strength.

This feeling of tiredness and want to be somewhere else reminded me of this illustration (total different context because at that time I was really frustrated in many aspects of my life), but I thought it will be a good opportunity to start this section I had been thinking of, telling you a little a bit about why I draw what I draw.

So a few years ago I was still studying at university, it was taking me a long time to graduate, and I had a terrible job. I always wanted to live abroad, getting to know new cultures, finding a better job, travelling a lot. At that time, that idea seemed so far away.

I remember being sitting on my desk, sick of having a job that was taking me nowhere. And I needed to express myself, so I illustrated exactly how I felt: sitting in a room (the truth is I was not sitting next to a window.. less having a flower on my desk) when I wanted to be on a plane travelling the world.

The good thing about illustrating, or finding a way to express ourselves, is that for example I have this illustration on my files, and now I can look at it and be grateful for all the effort that took me where I am now. 

I hope you find this inspiring not only to document in an art piece your feelings, but to be able to see your own progress! Remember to cheer yourself :)



If you want to find on social media:

Instagram sharing everyday insights, tips, illustrations.

My Etsy Shop if you like my illustrations here you can find them applied in some products, :) hope you like them!

Twitter also sharing art, photography, trips

Good reads sharing books all the time

Society6 more products here!

Tik tok sharing trips, illustrations processes and anything I found useful :)




Post a Comment

0 Comments